Saturday, January 23, 2010

Arriving in Gold Coast

I have officially arrived in Gold Coast. To tell you the truth this still feels surreal.

First to tell you my plane ride experience. It was a mix between hell and so-so but mostly hell. The plane has changed. This new one from Air Asia Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast flight is totally uncomfortable. (I.e. if you are tall like me). This plane ride further deteriorated when I was forced to seat between 2 guys. The guy who had the window seat was a damn talker! He said that he was from Korea and that if we don’t mind he would like to talk to us. (Being me and the aisle seat guy who for the life of me I can’t remember his name). I told the window seat guy MR. W that I have not had much sleep and is totally stressed out and would like to sleep (since it was a night flight anyway). He nodded.

Nodded but the aisle seat guy, MR. A said sure. And I thought well shit now I can’t sleep.

So there I was I the middle with a headache and this W talking at the top of his lungs while I’m trying to catch some shut eye.

But every time he made some commend about Malaysia I had to but it. While I’m so patriotic I draw the line at anyone bad mouthing my country in front of my face.

So anyway this went on all the way until 2am when I just couldn’t give a damn anymore. And thank god somewhere through the idiot shut up. But even so the seat was damned uncomfortable. But I have to say when I woke up I was already in Australia and I have to say the view was spectacular.
What else?
Oh yeah I made a big mistake at the airport. I accidentally left my handbag at customs and only realized it when I tried to purchase reload for my phone number outside. I can tell you I totally freaked out and ran to the nearest security guard and asked for help, and thank god just when we reached the entrance to look for it the customs guy came out with the bag. I would like to say again thank god for the luck and the end of the drama.
I’ve since moved into my room and have been setting up my nest since. I say since because there’s no freaking shopping mall nearby. The nearest one is at least 10 mins away by bus. I have already taken 5 trips but I’m still far away from finished. This is because I have no damn car!! I want one but can’t afford one at the moment because my freaking course does not allow me to get a part time job! How shitty is that?!

As a result I am now considering an online business. I’m not sure if I will succeed but I can only hope. I’m still working a game plan on that. Was thinking of maybe a baking or food business.

Oh well until next then…

No comments: