- About 8 Medium Sized Apples - it can be any type of apple you like (plus medium is roughly the double the size of an extra large egg)
- 4 Tablespoons FINE Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- A pinch of Cinnamon (now for those that don't know what a pinch is - it means take your thumb and forefinger and pinch the cinnamon POWDER)
- oh and for those that love vanilla I'd recommended a pinch of that as well is you have vanillin or vanilla powder. **Note: do not use vanilla essence
- 1 cup of flour (plain flour would do. Please do not use superfine/fine/cookie/etc floor. Normal Plain flour from the supermarket will do)
- 1 cup FINE brown sugar
- 100g Butter (not frozen nor melted please. It has to be sort of solid but reasonably soft enough to pinch)
Now to make crumble, is basically simple. Put the flour and sugar in a bowl and mix it with your hands so that it evens out and is well mixed before you put in the butter. Put in the butter in the middle of the flour and cinnamon mixture. Now so that the butter won't stick to your fingers i would recommend that you take some of that mixture and put it on the butter. Then only start rubbing in the butter. (Okay for those that have don't know what rubbing in the butter means. It literally means taking the flour mixture and rubbing it on the butter so that it becomes this crumbly sort of chunks. Then take those chunks and rub it someone in the mixture so that it becomes fine.
Beginners: the thing to note is that with less butter you can still eat the apple crumble at the end. However too much butter will make it all mushy and basically inedible and unappetising.
And thats your crumble part of the dish.
- to be con't
Okay, here's the apple bit.
1. Peel the apple's skin/remove it
2. Core the apple. This means you take out the middle part of the apple that contains the seeds.
3. Cut the apple into 8 pieces, from where the apple stub is.
4. Put the apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanillin and water into a pot. Turn the heat on medium and start stirring the contents of the pot so that the sugar doesn't burn.
5. As soons as the brown sugar dissolve turn off the heat.
6. Put the mixture of apple into a 9 inch pan and pour the crumble that you made earlier on top.
7. Now put the pan into the oven and turn the heat on 150 degree celcius for 40 minutes or until the crumble browns out.
***You are now ready to eat it.
This recipe taste really good when eaten with whipped cream and vanilla ice-cream on the side.
PS. If you tried this recipe and it failed. Please come back and post a comment. I'll try to find out what went wrong. Also please tell me if its good.